Flu season has been no joke. Having kids in elementary school and an office job is practically the same as living inside a petri dish.
I don’t want to get sick, and I don’t want my kiddos to get sick, so I’ve been eating raw garlic until my breath bursts into flames, and then cool it down with clementines and water. When I want something *really* wonderful, I make Golden Milk. It’s a sweet and spicy chai-like creamy drink. It’s golden, because of the turmeric, which has amazing anti-inflammatory properties. It does wonders. Make it. Drink it. Brag about how earthy you are. Recipe below.
Golden Milk, to make 1 really big cup, or 2 small servings
- 2 cups coconut milk, unsweetened (or your milk of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Ground Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a small chunk (about the size of your thumbnail) of raw ginger, peeled
- a pinch of black pepper (this helps your body absorb the turmeric)
- honey to taste (I prefer about 2 teaspoons, at least)
In a blender (or using an immersion blender), mix all of your ingredients together. Pour into a small saucepan and slowly heat, just before boiling. Add honey to taste. Pour into your favorite mug. Sip. Ahhh.
Stay healthy, friends!